The Minerva Lodge No.250 was founded in September 1782 making it the oldest Masonic Lodge in the City of Kingston upon Hull and one of the oldest in the Province of Yorkshire North & East Ridings.
We originally met at the Masons Arms, Chapel Lane, Kingston upon Hull, then in 1802 we moved to one of the first ever purpose built lodge's in the Province, were we still meet to this day, the Minerva Masonic Hall, Prince Street, Dagger Lane, Kingston upon Hull, which is now a Grade II* listed Building.
Our City lies on the confluence of the River Hull and the Humber estuary. We are a major trading port in the United Kingdom with a long seafaring history.
This fact is reflected in our early Lodge records where many of our brethren were Master Mariners not just from England, but also from distant parts including America, Russia, Sweden, Germany, Holland, Finland, France, Italy and Tasmania to name a few.
1782 - 2020
"Founded on our past, building on our future"